WAGS provides service dogs for individuals who have limited physical mobility secodary to an injury or illness. In order to be eligible for a WAGS service dog, an individual must meet the following requirements:
- Have limited physical mobility secondary to an injury or illness
- Live within about an 80 mile radius of Madison, Wisconsin
- Be able to independently give commands to a dog
- Be cognitively capable of participating in the placement training
- Be able to meet the long-term financial responsibilities of owning a dog
- Be able to meet the emotional and physical/exercise needs of a dog.