Apply for a WAGS Service Dog
WAGS provides service dogs for individuals who have limited physical mobility secondary to an injury or illness. Please note, WAGS does NOT train dogs to do any of the following:
- Seizure Alert
- Diabetic episode alert
- Guide an individual with limited vision
- Provide supervision, protection, or a calming influence for children with autism
- Provide emotional support and comfort for individuals with depression, anxiety or post-traumatic stress syndrome
In order to be eligible for a WAGS service dog, an individual must meet the following requirements:
- Have limited physical mobility secondary to an illness or injury
- Live within 80 miles of WAGS (Madison, WI)
- Be able to independently give commands to a dog
- Be cognitively able of participating in the placement training
- Be able to meet the financial responsibilities of owning a dog
- Be able to meet the emotional and physical/exercise needs of a dog
If you need help with these types of issues, please contact us for a referral.
Complete the Service Dog Application Form (link below), including the Medical and Professional Reference forms.
Once the application is complete, mail it along with $25 application fee to:
1337 Greenway Cross, #157
Madison, WI 53713
Once your application is received, the WAGS staff will review and will schedule an interview with you at WAGS.
After that, we’ll determine whether or not a WAGS dog would be a good match for you. If so, your name will be added to our list of clients in line to receive a service dog.